Monday, November 12, 2012

The Reality of Poisoning


The Reality of Poisoning

As parents, grandparents, and child-care providers we all want to keep our children safe and secure, allowing them to live their full potential.  Prevention and knowledge of the leading cause of childhood injury; poisoning is a step toward reaching this goal. In the United States, everyday 300 children between the ages 0 to 19 are treated in the emergency department, two children die, as a result of being poisoned. It’s not just the chemicals in our home marked with clear warning labels that can be dangerous to children.
Everyday items in your home, such as household cleaners and medicines, can be poisonous to children as well. Active, curious children will often investigate; sometimes try to eat or drink anything that they can get into. Many household cleaners and medicines look like harmless items; candy, food, juice, or other type of beverage.

Pills look like candy










Cleaning products look like beverages 












Cleaning products look like food



















Thankfully, there are ways you can help poison-proof your home and protect the children you love.

Prevention Tips

Lock them up. Keep medicines and toxic products, such as cleaning solutions, in their original packaging where children can’t see or get them.

Know the number. Put the national poison control center phone number, 1-800-222-1222, on or near every telephone in your home and program it into your cell phone. Call the poison control center if you think a child has been has been poisoned, they can be reached 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call 911 if you have a poison emergency, if your child has collapsed or is not breathing.

Read the label. Follow label directions and read all warnings when giving medicines to children.

Don’t keep it if you don’t need it. Safely dispose of unused, unneeded, or expired prescription drugs and over the counter drug, vitamins, and supplements. To dispose of medicines, remove all identifying information, mix them with coffee grounds, kitty litter, soil, and water, and throw them away. You can also turn them in at a local take back program or during National Drug Take Back events.





1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate DR AKHIGBE,my name is LAURIE HUGHES . I will never stop testifying DR AKHIGBE , Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HIV virus again. DR AKHIGBE did it for me I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HIV) for the past 2 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one place to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I saw a testimony on how DR AKHIGBE helped someone in curing his HIV disease in internet quickly I copied his email which is drrealakhigbe@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days, after using the herbal cure and i did, behold I was free from the deadly disease,till now no HIV in me again he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now,all the testimony of DR AKHIGBE is true please BROTHER and SISTER, MOTHER and FATHER he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on drrealakhigbe@gmail.com or you can whats App his mobile number on +2348142454860 He can also cure these diseases like HIV and AIDS HERPES,DIABETICS,CANCER, HEPATITIS A&B,CHRONIC DISEASES, ASTHMA, HEART DISEASES, EXTERNAL INFECTION, EPILEPSY, STROKE, NAUSEA,VOMITING OR DIARRHEA LUPUS,ECZEMA,BACK PAIN,JOINT PAIN. .ETC .please email drrealakhigbe@gmail.com...or whats APP him ..+2348142454860 he is a real good and honest man.
    website... https:drrealakhigbe.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete